2007 may have been the most stressful year in my entire life. That being said, I honestly think it was the greatest year ever. Reflecting back on the year is really making me realize that you truly must appreciate the good things in life and not worry about the stupid shit. There were far too many times when the stress of life had gotten to me during 2007, even though it shouldn't have because so many things in my life were perfect during the year. Lets reflect for a moment...
(In order of importance)
1. I got friggin' married this year to the love of my life. Not only is the marriage amazing, but the wedding was truly the greatest day of my life. It was so much fun and it was great to see that so many people care about us and were willing to go out of their way to make our day special.
1A. My dad was sick, now he's not, everything went well.... enough said.
2. I got a dog. I was skeptical at first about getting a dog in our new apartment, even though I am a dog lover. I am so glad we got Lily, she is currently rivaling Kristen as the love of my life (just kidding baby). She brings great joy to our household.
3. We moved home to Massachusetts. Connecticut sucks, we are back... it is awesome.
3.5 We moved to an awesome apartment. We loved it and we still love it. It is a 4500% upgrade over the Wallingford dump (which I do miss from time to time).
4. I got my Masters' Degree. Pretty cool, but the best part is that I don't have to work AND go to school at the same time.
5. The Honeymoon... this should be higher on the list, but I forgot and don't feel like going back to re-number everything.
6. I was offered a teaching job. That's pretty important I suppose.
7. I've been employed as a hockey coach for a few different organizations... that's more fun, but less important than #6.
8. 3J moved right next door. That is also higher than #8, but again I don't feel like re-numbering, good times... good times.
I'm sure there is a lot more cool stuff that happened during 07, but this is some of the highlights. So I guess the moral of the story is that life is sucky sometimes but the good times definitely outweight the crappy ones if you just stop to think about everything that is going well in your life. So if anyone hears me bitching in 08, tell me to shut the fuck up and get over it, because my life is pretty damn good. Happy New Year Everyone.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
its about dancing in the rain. I heard this quote for the first time today and thought that it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. We are truely counting our blessings and saying our prayers. I know that we will be trying to dance in the rain tomorrow and for the next few weeks. We can't wait to see Coley get back out on that dance floor!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
that I don't have! I'm sick of waiting, my patience is wearing very thin. It has been four very long months and to be honest it's starting to take its toll on me. I can't help but wonder will this ever happen? Is something wrong with me? Is something wrong with Cole? Is someone trying to tell me something? I need answers! I can't keep racking my brain. How long will this take? Should we have started sooner? Should we wait? I just don't know, it's all so frustrating. Every month counting down the days, every morning taking my temperature at 5:20. Please I need strength to keep trying. How can something I want be so far out of reach. I've tried it all: thinking negatively, thinking positively, I've even tried not thinking of it at all. But in the end it's the same thing, disappointment. You'd think it would get easier with every month, but in fact it gets harder, much harder.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
the first post! Let me be the first Clifford to post here. Cole and I have decided to create this post to keep in touch with friends and family. As of right now we don't have a whole lot to post about, but we hope someday soon we will!