Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Potty Training...

or as I like to refer to it HELL! I hate potty training! Today was day 2 of Grace in undies, she is actually doing quite well, it's just exhausting! We started yesterday afternoon putting her in undies and setting the timer and every 10-15 minutes she'd sit on the potty. She did great and successfully peed on the potty 4 times yesterday. Grace didn't have any accidents in her undies yesterday, but she did poop in the bathie last night...GROSS!

As soon as she woke up this morning (bright and early at 6am!) I changed her out of her diaper and let her pick out some undies to wear, we have a stack..blue's clue's, Tinkerbell, Dora, Kia Lan, Sponge Bob, etc.

I had her sit on the potty for a good 10 minutes until she went pee..yay! Every time she went to the bathroom on the potty she got to put a sticker on her potty chart and she got to pick a "prize" out of the prize bag. In the prize bag are juice boxes, Barbie fruit snacks, and the stuff I got from Target's $1 bin, that was suppose to be Grace's Valentine's Day presents. Grace always picks either a juice box or fruit snack...always!

So Grace would sit on the potty, sometimes she'd only sit for a few minutes, other times she'd sit for 20 minutes...we did LOTS of reading and block stacking today! If she peed I'd reset the timer for 15-20 minutes depending on how much she was drinking and how much she peed. If she didn't pee I'd reset the timer for 5 minutes and continue the above process.

I did this from 6am-11:30am with NO accidents! I stopped at 11:30 and put her in a diaper for her nap, she fought her nap BIG time, but finally fell asleep after an hour and slept until 2pm. After her nap I took off her diaper and put undies back on. We continued our routine, with no accidents until 5pm. At 5 she pooped in her undies..if you think a poopy diaper is gross, just wait until you've experienced  poopy undies! At this point I was just exhausted, I needed to start dinner and Cole wasn't going to be home until 630 pm, but had to be back out the door by 715 for hockey, so I cleaned Grace up and put her in a diaper.

After dinner I put her back into undies and she peed on the potty again. Finally at 7:30pm I got her ready for bed and put a diaper back on. Overall Grace peed in the potty 9 times today and only had 1 accident in her underwear! We are making progress, but potty training is SO hard! We'll see how tomorrow goes, Grace has gymnastics and dance, and the babies are suppose to have picture, which means lots of diaper time, so I don't know how much this will set us back, I guess we'll see!

It was cold today so Grace wore leg warmers to keep warm while potty training!

I drank LOTS of coffee to get me through today!
 Carter and I feel the same way about potty training!
Can't I just hire someone to potty train Grace for me?!