Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1 month

So, yesterday Miss Grace turned one month old. Where on earth did the month go? I can't believe how fast the days go. At her doctor's appointment on Friday Grace weighed 9 lbs 7 oz, yes she has gained 2 pounds in one month, I guess the breast milk is working!

Grace still will not sleep anywhere but on us. We are working on putting her down else where, but so far no progress has been made. Grace loves to eat and often does it all day long, which means that I do nothing all day long, since I'm stuck on the couch with her. I'm okay with all this though, I figure that it can't last forever and before we know it she will be crawling and hate being held, so I'm just trying to enjoy all the cuddle time now.
Grace has awful gas problems that make her very colicky, especially at night.We give her mylicon and gripe water around the clock and that seems to help a little, but she's still pretty miserable, we're hoping she'll eventually grow out of it.
Grace is a lot more alert these days. She loves sitting up and looking around the room and she loves staring at Lily. It seems like everyday her wakeful periods last a little but longer.
It still is so crazy that she's here, that I'm a mommy. At the same time, I can't imagine my life without her!