Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NYE

We had a pretty uneventful New Year's Eve. We ran to Target to pick up the kids some sparkling juice, which we told Grace was champagne, she loved it!
Before the babies went to bed at 6pm, we dug out some beads, hats, and noise makers, found the ball dropping from 2005 on youtube, and then we counted down, said "Happy New Year" and drank some sparkling champagne.
The kids all thought it was great. I wonder how long we have until they realize that is not really how NYE works.
I already warned Grace that this better be one of the only NYE she spends in just her undies drinking champagne.
The 3 of them sat very nicely chugging their sparkling champagne, I imagine that in 20 years they will be doing them same thing, but not so tame. 
After the kids were all in bed I ate my veggie delight from Subway, and had a small glass of wine. I ended up not liking it enough to justify the calories, so I gave it to Cole instead.
While we ate dinner we watched Friends With Benefits with Justin Timberlake, it was the only movie left in Redbox, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. After the movie I grabbed a quick snack with some coffee.
These shortbread cookies are so good with coffee or tea and only have 130 calories for 8 cookies!
While we snacked we played some Scrabble.
I totally kicked Cole's butt!
We finished up our game right before the ball dropped. After the ball dropped I promptly went to bed, hell, I was surprised I even made it to midnight!