Tuesday, March 25, 2008

13 weeks and 2nd glance

Last Thursday we got to see little baby Gryler again, and it was amazing! I can't believe how much he/she has grown! Last time we saw Gryler it was the size of a raspberry and now it's the size of a peach! Gryler's like a little jumping bean now to, he/she was bouncing all over the place while they were doing the examine. My poor uterus, Gryler thinks it's a trampoline. Also Gryler is very amused with his/her hands, it kept playing with them and putting them on it's face, it was adorable! It looks as though baby Gryler may in fact have a large Polish nose based on this picture!

We'll we've finally made it to 13 weeks, our last week in the first trimester..Yeah! I can't believe we are a 1/3 of the way there.

What's happening with the baby this week:
  • If you could peek in again you may spot your baby as he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements
  • Eyes and ears continue to move and develop
  • Baby's neck is getting longer, and the chin no longer is resting on his chest
  • Her hands are becoming more functional - Your baby may find it comforting to start playing with her fist.
  • At this point all nourishment is received from the placenta

What's happening with me:

Well I'm still getting sick all the time, but now it seems to be developing a pattern. I get sick every time I wake up, if I wake up at 5 am, I get sick. If I go back to bed and wake up at 8am, I get sick. It doesn't matter how many time I go to sleep and wake up I'm going to throw up every time. Also I now get sick every night, it's not often that dinner stays down. Well with all the puking I've lost another 2.5 pounds this week, with a total of 8 pounds lost in 2 weeks. Well, I guess that's it for now!