Monday, March 3, 2008

10 Weeks

We are officially 10 weeks now, I can't believe how fast time is going by. We are already 25% done with the pregnancy...that's so crazy!

What's happening with the baby this week:
"This week is somewhat of a landmark for your developing baby. By now, your baby's complete body plan is laid down. Your baby will continue to develop and grow for the remainder of the pregnancy. The fingers and toes have separated and the tail has disappeared now. Your baby has taste and tooth buds at this point, which will continue to develop. The brain will continue to grow at an amazing rate and nearly a quarter of a million new neurons are produced every minute! The embryonic heart is completely developed. External genitalia are not apparent until next week, but a male's testes will already be producing testosterone. "

What's happening with me this week:
Well I still have crazy baby sickness, not morning sickness, because it last all day, just plain I'm having a baby sickness. I am hoping my doctor will put me on a new medication, if I can get her to ever call me back! I have started taking Flintstone vitamins now, because I can not keep regular Prenatals down. Yes, I am so old that I am having a baby, yet I am taking the same vitamins as my 2 year old nephew. I also am starting to feel so bloated and fat. I'm in that awkward is she fat or pregnant stage. Here's a picture of the lovely baby bloat! Please note Lily's butt in the picture, because we take so many pictures of her, she now associates the camera with her, so she always tries to be in the shot.