Tuesday, June 24, 2008

26 Weeks

Thought I'd switch it up and start with some pictures of Lily this week

This is Lily's upside down crazy face
Lily chillin' with her daddy
and Lily passed out on the couch

Twenty six weeks, we are finally down to double digits, Double Digits! I can't believe it, I remember when the ticker on the side of our blog said 200 and something days left and now it says 98, it's just so crazy. What's also crazy is that this is our last week in the 2nd trimester, I'll officially be in the last part of my pregnancy next week. We only have 14 more weeks until our due date and only 11 weeks until Grace is considered full term. Eleven weeks sounds like nothing now.

What's happening this week:
"By this week, your baby`s crown-to-rump length is approximately 9.2 inches. Remember, that is only from the top of his head to his bottom and does not include her leg measurements! Your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is beginning to put on weight. Your uterus is about 2.5 inches above your bellybutton and you will continue to grow approximately 1 cm each week. If you have been eating a well-balanced diet, you probably have gained about 16-22 pounds so far. Because your baby has moved further up, you may get occasional pain underneath your ribs. After a month of having her eyelids sealed shut, your baby begins to open his eyes again this week. Your baby`s eyes are almost completely developed. Your baby`s eyes are blue in the womb and may change colors later in life. This is true for all races because the iris doesn't have its final color until a few months after birth. However, some babies are born with darker or lighter shades of blue. Your growing baby will continue to put on layers of fat until she is born. She is still lean at this point of the pregnancy though. By the time your baby is born, she will assume the typical newborn`s plumpness. Your baby`s skin will still be wrinkled and red, but the fat continues to fill the skin out. Finger and toe nails continue to grow. Blood vessels start to develop in the lungs to prepare the baby for life outside the uterus. Your baby`s blood circulation is completely functional. The umbilical cord system continues to grow and thicken as blood travels with considerable force through the body to nurture the baby. The placenta is now almost equal in size to the baby. Even though it is still way too soon for your baby to be born yet, the chance of survival without severe abnormalities is now 70% provided it is born in a hospital."

Well the usually goes :still vomiting, still having pelvic pain, still peeing all day and night, still not sleeping, still losing weight, but still loving it all. I'm also still waiting for my baby belly! I want my big ole' baby belly now (stamping feet like a 5 year old). Why can't I just go to sleep and wake up looking pregnant. I'm sick of no one being able to tell I'm pregnant. The other day a woman told me "don't worry the morning sickness goes away once you hit the 3 month mark." I was like "thanks, but I'm 6 months along now."

Please excuse me now, while I take a quick break to make my plea

Dear pregnancy belly gods,
I am now fully open and excepting to receiving my baby belly. I know with it will come more backaches and less sleep, but I've already got those, now I just need the reason. Plus I'm really sick of the "is she pregnant or fat" stares.
Sincerely,
Pleading mommy-to-be

Also on a positive, less whinny note, my sister found out that she is having another boy (just as we all suspected). We are so excited to have another nephew and we know that Jackson with be a great big brother to Jacob!