Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Tree

So Sunday morning we got up early, not like we had a choice, and started decorating for Christmas! Let me tell you how difficult this is to do with a newborn. I gave up some control and let Cole set-up the Christmas village, as I was not in the mood to climb up on our kitchen cabinets. I insisted on doing the tree though, I am rather particular when it comes to decorating the tree, the ornaments have to all match and they all have a specific spot to go. So I strapped Grace in her front carrier and got to decorating the tree, as a side note we have a fake tree, this will be important at the end of my story. Grace and I slaved away at getting the tree perfect, apparently this was tiring for her because she fell asleep half way through. We finally finished the tree, turned off the lights and enjoyed feeling in the Christmas spirit.

Some pictures of our tree:





Well fast forward to last night. Grace and I were playing on the floor in her room and Lily came in to join us. Well, a few minutes later I hear a very loud crash! Yup, our tree came tumbling down, smashing all our ornaments along the way. Luckily I never put any of are sentimental ornaments on the tree. The supports on the tree just snapped and were unfixable. So we hastily tried to pick up all the pieces as we had company on their way over and our house was now covered in broken glass. Cole called our company and told them to give us 30 minutes before coming over, as I tried desperately to not cry. We managed to get the house cleaned and put the tree in the trash, but then Cole broke our vacuum trying to suck up all the glass, oy vey!

I'm still pretty bitter and haven't decided if I really want to buy a new tree and decorate it all over again. I mean I've already decorated and undecorated a tree and that is a task that should only have to be done once a year. Although I'm sure we'll end up buying a new tree and decorating it, who knows!

I didn't think to take picture of our broken tree, but I did take a picture of what's left: