Monday, June 1, 2009

Mama No More

Ever since Grace learned to say "Dada" she refuses to say "Mama." All day long it's "Dada, Dada." It's okay though, I just love hearing her speak regardless of what she says.
---------------------
She also does this very cute thing now. When we wake up in the morning, the first thing we do is call Cole. The past few days when we get up she grabs the phone (which we sleep with) and says "Dada" to the phone. I ask her if she wants to call Daddy and she gets so excited. It's like she understands that we call Daddy when we wake up.
----------------------
The past few days when Cole comes home and Grace sees him for the first time she gets a huge smile on her face and says "Hi Dada."

I know it sounds impossible, and maybe it's just a coincidence, but it happens. Not just once, but multiple times now. When we got home yesterday and she saw Lily, she said "Hi Lily" and she said it again this morning.

Every time I hear it, I'm like that didn't just happen, but I think it really did.