Tuesday, April 15, 2008

16 Weeks


Well, here we are, week 16. Where has the time gone? Only 4 more weeks and we'll be at the half way point. I'm getting really antsy and just want to know if it's a boy or a girl. Hopefully we will find out in the next 4 weeks or so.

What's happening with the baby:
"Your baby is now a real teddy bear with downy hair all over! He is really limber and can stick his feet in his mouth. He wriggles his little fingers and sucks on his thumb, because he can already make a little fist. He plays with his umbilical cord and he can swim in his own safe little swimming pool. That warm swimming pool is the amniotic fluid safe inside its amniotic sac in your uterus, which is still hanging slightly loose in your abdomen, attached to four ligaments. During the coming months, he will keep growing until he is around 20 inches (50 cm) and weighs - on average - between 5 1/2 and 11 pounds (2500 and 5000 grams). "

What's happening with me:
Well, there isn't really a whole lot going on with me. I'm still getting sick, but it seems to be getting better. I'm only getting sick 3 times a day- which is wonderful and I will settle for this. I'm starting to gain weight back now, unfortunately. I know it is best for the baby but I still hate to see the numbers on the scale go up, even if it is just a pound or two. I've been getting random bursts of energy and I just want to finish everything for the baby, but we're at a standstill until we know the sex.

Well, I guess that's it for now!