Tuesday, April 22, 2008

17 Weeks

Well, here we are at 17 weeks! We're getting closer and closer to the half way mark. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how the little one is doing.

What's Happening With Baby:
"As your baby is in the middle of an impressive growth spurt it should come as not surprise to hear that they've already added nearly another inch to their length and over an ounce and a half to their weight (they're around 5 ounces and 5 inches). You're definitely feeling the growth as your belly expands enough to make you feel a bit off balance now and again."

What's Happening With Me:

  • "Morning" Sickness- Well, I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone, but I am still getting sick, everyday and all day. It doesn't really bother me anymore, it's just part of my life now. I been getting sick now for 12 straight weeks, everyday, so it's just routine. It gives me some reassurance. As long as I keep getting sick everyday then I know the baby is still there and still growing. I think this baby is going to be a picky eater, because, well it already is.
  • Weight- I'm still losing weight, last week I had gained a pound, but then this week I lost 3.5. So I'm still down from where I started, which is good. I know the doctor doesn't really want me gaining a lot while pregnant. I think we're shooting for around 15-20 pounds. So far so good, and we're almost half way there, but I know most of the weight gain during pregnancy happens during the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Pee-Pee-This baby apparently likes its space and does not like it when my stomach, bowels, or bladder are full. It wants all the space in there to its self. As of the last few weeks the nighttime pees are getting worse, I am now getting up almost every hour to pee. It's not like a full pee either, it's just a little tinkle, so annoying. I think all this nighttime pee is making me tired, so I've actually been going to bed before midnight, which Cole loves. Speaking of sleep, I've officially taken over the bed and can no longer share. So Cole now sleeps on the couch, if he can get there before Lily.
  • Belly Growth- I feel like my belly is growing everyday, and when I look at pictures I can tell it is, but until yesterday no one had commented on it. This made me think that maybe it's just in my head and that I must still just look fat, not pregnant. Well, last night we went out with some of our friends and their parents to watch the Bruins game. One of the mom's, who we hadn't see in a few weeks, commented on how big my stomach was getting, I bet she had no idea, but that totally made my night! Now, I can't wait for a complete stranger to comment on it, then I'll feel good.
  • Kicking- I'm still feeling the baby kick here and there, some days it's very active and other days I feel nothing. If we drive down a bumpy road, especially the road near the South Shore Hospital, the baby goes crazy. I think the baby is either going to love roller coasters or hate them. I can't tell if the baby moves around out of anger, like "how dare you wake me with the all this bouncing!" or it moves out of excitement, like "wow, this is fun, let's do it again!"


Just some added random pictures from the last week:


This is me on the deck before we went out last night. I think I see a baby belly. I think my belly's getting rounder and my butt flatter. Lily loves to hang her paws off the porch, I have no idea why, but it's cute.
Lily snuck outside yesterday when me and Cole weren't looking. This is her, please don't make me come in face. (I didn't)
Jackson carrying his Build-A-Bear around the mall. He would not let us help him carry it, he insisted on doing it himself. What a big boy!

Jackson finishing my shake for me. Jackson with his sunglasses. What a cutie!


Plus an added video. This is Lily sleeping, you can't see anything because it's dark, but just listen.

No wonder I don't sleep.