Tuesday, May 6, 2008

19 Weeks

Well here we are one week away from the half way point!

What should be happening this week:
"Your baby's crown-to-rump length is 5.2 to 6 inches this week. Your baby weighs approximately 7 ounces and will increase its weight more than 15 times between now and birth! Most women have gained up to 14 pounds now and only 7 ounces of that is your baby! The placenta weighs about 6 ounces and the amniotic fluid that surrounds your baby weighs 11 ounces. Your breasts have increased in weight by 6 ounces each and the uterus has grown to 11 ounces! You may be gaining weight in places other than your abdomen and this may be affecting your posture and sleeping habits. One of the most amazing aspects of your baby's growth and development is that of the fetal brain. Your baby's brain is one of the first organs to appear. Your baby's oversized head shows the brain's importance in his development. Because the nerves that connect the muscles to the brain have grown into place, your baby's movements are consciously directed. Your baby's ears stand out from the sides of the head and the buds for your baby's permanent teeth appear. Your baby's arms and legs have reached their relative proportions and her feet are approximately one inch long. "


What is really happening:
Well, we had another ultrasound this weekend (I will try to blog about the ultrasound in detail later) and our little princess in measuring almost 2 weeks bigger and instead of being 7 oz this week she was 10 oz last week. Oh, I thought she was going to be little, but now I'm not so sure. I'm just hoping that maybe she will make her entrance into this world a couple weeks early, not to early though! I'm still throwing up, I'm sure you all are very surprised. The good news though is that instead of gaining the 14 pounds I should've at this point, I'm still at negative weight gain, which I am loving! An added plus is that I had my first experience with people rubbing my belly and I am loving it! I love other people noticing my baby belly and wanting to feel our little girl. I say I'm loving it now, but ask me again in another 4 months and let's see if I still feel the same way.

*On a deeper note, a close family member was diagnosed with cancer last week. I know we will get through this and fight together!

"Cancer I did not give you the right,To invade my body and take a bite.This is my body and with all my might,I will prevail with one hell of a fight.To the cancer inside, I will battle and kill.For that is my body's God given will.To my cancer, these words I do send.Your life is short and near the end."

Now a little humor to end this blog on!

What Lily did this weekend: