Thursday, May 8, 2008

The BIG u/s

Ok, so I've been meaning to blog about the big ultrasound we had last weekend, but I've have been having a hard time putting my feelings into words. I'll try again today, but I don't think that I could ever truly put what I feel into words.

So last Saturday we went to Brockton hospital to have our big ultrasound. The ultrasound that lasts for 30 minutes, where the technician looks at every little aspect of our darling baby. We waited a few minutes before we were seen, it wasn't very busy because it was the weekend. The technician brought us back into this tiny little dark room and had me expose me belly. He globed on the belly goo and the there she was. Our little baby girl was up on the screen. Now, we've seen her before, but for some reason this was different for me. I instantly started to cry, something about seeing her up on this screen, made it finally sink in. That's my daughter! She's real!

The technician began to show us all of her parts. "That's her arm bone, her leg bone, her kidneys, her brain, her spinal cord, etc.." Well, every time he showed us a new part I thought "that's the most beautiful arm bone, leg bone, etc." Then he showed us her heart, her tiny little heart, beating like crazy, and I lost it! I couldn't stop crying, my baby has a heart and it's beating. She's real. It suddenly is all so real. Someday soon I will hold her and feel that beating heart.

It was that moment that I fell in love with her all over again. I felt my heart grow by 200% and knew that my life would never be the same. This little girl has my heart, every piece of it! She's the most amazing little person already. She loves playing with her hands and sucking her thumb.

I can't wait to meet you Gracie! You truly have captured my heart. I can't wait to hold you. I can't wait to see you, see your little fingers and toes. I can't wait to see your first smile, hear your first laugh,watch your first steps. But until them I am truly going to enjoy these last four months I have with you. Where you are a part of me. I will enjoy having you so close to me at all times. You are the love of my life! You're MY daughter.

One day you're gonna want to go
I hope we taught you everything you need to know
Gracie girl
And there will always be a part of me
Nobody else is ever gonna see but you and me
My little girl
My Gracie girl