Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Updates

So, I thought I would update you guys on what has been going on the last few day. Since Friday I have had a massive headache, I mean massive, it feels like someone is squeezing my head. This headache never goes away, there are times when it is worse, but it never leaves. Usually 3 or 4 times a day it gets really bad, I mean I start sweating and get dizzy and usually vomit, when this happens I'm convinced my head really is going to explode. I usually cry and have to strip because I feel as though I'm overheating. Well, last night I just couldn't take it anymore so I called the on call doctor and they had me come in. I was in a lot of pain, but I was more concerned that this kind of headache meant my blood pressure was high. We got to the hospital around 7:30 -8 o'clock last night, they immediately put us in a room, had me pee in a cup, and hooked me up to monitors. It was so surreal looking around the birthing room with a baby warmer and hearing Grace's heartbeat constantly, I just kept thinking someday soon we will be here to meet Grace. Fortunately by blood pressure was fine, like 130's, and Grace looked good. They ran some blood work and it came back fine so they sent me home.

We had a pre-scheduled doctor's appointment for this morning anyways, so we went, still with my headache, but hopeful that my blood pressure would be fine, since it was good last night. Well, the nurse takes me back, weighs me (I lost the 2 pounds I had finally gained last week), has me pee in a cup, then takes me to the exam room to check my blood pressure. We talk about our trip to L+D and how my blood pressure was normal, well, she checks my blood pressure and it was 152/100, not good! So, long story short, I'm doing another 24 hour urine, more blood work, I'm still on bedrest, and she gave me some Fioricet to see if that helps my headaches. The doctor told me to call tomorrow if the medicine is not helping my headaches and she will start me on something to help lower my blood pressure, which should help the headaches.

So, long story short my blood pressure gets really high when moving around, but once I lie down it goes back down (still high, but not nearly as high), but my blood levels and protein levels still look fine which is good, so no other signs of pre-eclampsia, beside the bp. We will just continue to wait it out, hopefully my headaches will go away and my bp will normalize, until then lots of resting and doing nothing!