Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cole's Belated 2008 Year in Review

2008 Year-In-Review

This year was the greatest year of my life, Period!

In no particular order....

1. Grace was born. Unbelievable. Words can't describe how awesome she makes everything about our lives. So cute, so much fun, so much happiness, and so much hope for her life.

2. Kristen spent most of the year pregnant. That was different, haha. There were a lot of trying times during her pregnancy, but she battled through like a trooper and was cute as a hell while doing it.

3. It was our first full year with Lily. There are few people in this world that mean more to me than Lily does. She is one of the loves of my life. She's also a great big sister.

4. Outside of our immediate pod over here at 126 Woodlands, the biggest event was 3J becoming 4J. I also became a god-father and 2nd time uncle. Jacob is a stud with hair to write home about. I'm looking forward to all the fun times playing with the boys.

5. Jack went from being a toddler to being a kid. The kid is a friggin' riot and so much fun to be around. One of the highlights of the year was a day we spent together when Jen and Josh were at the hospital. We went to a hockey game and checked out the zambonis and ate some pretzels. Good times, good times.

6. I worked as a real, full-time teacher, something I spent 5 years and $130,000 in student loans trying to achieve. Yeah, I dunno if I wanna do it again. Oh well....

7. Kristen and I had our 1 year anniversary. This is a mammoth event. We didn't really celebrate it because we were in the hospital with Grace, but I guess that is celebration enough, don't ya think? It's been fantastic baby.

8. There are some shitty things that happened: My grandmother died, my dad is still ill, Kristen's dad became sick, I got laid off (oh boo hoo), Lily hurt her back leg for like 2 hours, etc... sucks, but ya gotta move on. No sense worrying about the shitty stuff when there is so much good stuff going on.

Looking forward to 2009

2009 is a year that will be met with personal growth, monetary gain, lots of loving, hopefully not much hurting, fun family times, new traditions, smaller bellies, bigger hearts, better credit, positive attitudes, glorious smiles, limited frowns, children laughing, baby kisses, Josh farting, Cole winning the death pool, black presidents, and many more great things. YES WE CAN (right Josh)! haha jk.... I hope everyone had a happy new year and good luck in 2009. Love you guys.