Monday, January 5, 2009

Goals and Accomplishments

I had blogged the other day about how at New Years' Eve we had to list our accomplishments for 2008 and our goals for 2009, so I thought I would share them here!

Accomplishments for 2008
1-Having Grace: just everything involved in having a baby, getting pregnant, dealing with morning sickness EVERY single day from 5 weeks until delivery, being on bedrest, the induction, my high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia, laboring, having a c-section, recovering, all that is a huge accomplishment for me
2- Breastfeeding: man it is so much harder than I ever thought, but I am happy we are still breastfeeding and have never needed to supplement
3- I am in such a better mind set in 2008 then I was in 2007, I went through a really rough patch of depression and anxiety for quite a while
4- I lost weight: a month after delivering Grace I weighed less than I did before I got pregnant ( I think all the morning sickness helped with this one)
5- I went dairy free (for Grace's sake) and have remained that way for 2 months now
6- We started budgeting and eating out less
7- I finally admitted that I hated my career and that I think I made the wrong decision becoming a nurse


Goals for 2009
1- Lose 70 pounds (which sounds like a lot, but is only roughly 8 pounds a month, 2 pounds a week)
2- Take care of some of our debt
3- Get pregnant again (not until the end of 2009 though)
4- Continue to breastfeed at least until Grace is a year old
5- Save up to go away in May
6- Exercise 3 times a week (I'm going to have to start this goal slow, like 1 day a week, than 2, than eventually 3)
7-Take more me time
8-Keep a neater house, not let laundry and dishes pile up, do a little each day
9-Buy a new car
10-Continue to stay dairy free
11-Start journaling all Grace does ( I actually started this yesterday!)
12-Follow through with my goals and update my progress on them monthly