Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today started out like any normal day. I babysat Jackson in the morning and when my sister came home she asked me if I had tested yet this month. (She knew we were trying to get pregnant and she knew we had similar cycles). I told I haven't because I wasn't even due yet.

Well I went home and was checking my email and stuff and found out that overstock was having a HUGE sale on baby cribs, so what did I do, I bought one! Oh no! I couldn't believe I had actually done that, it was such an impulse buy. I called Cole, who was on his way home from work, and told him what I had done, we both laughed and I hung up.

I then realized I hadn't peed in a few hours and I had one pregnancy test left from last month, so I might as well just get the negative test over with. Now, as a back story, we had been trying to get pregnant since September, so I was getting pretty use to seeing negatives ALL the time!

So, I peed on the stick, waited the 2 minutes, and then headed back into the bathroom to throw out the test. Well, as I was throwing the test away I realized there was a line there, a pink line! HOLY CRAP! I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't contain myself!

I immediately called Cole, our conversation went like this:
"Where are you? How far away are you?"
"Probably like 30 minutes, why?"
"I need you to look at something!"
"On your body?"
"No, I took a test"
"Yea! and..."
"I think I see a line!"
"What! Oh my god! Are you serious!?"
"Yes!"
so lots of laughter and giggles
"Okay, I'll look at it when I get home!"
"OK, I love you!"
"I love you to, see you in a little bit!"

We hang up and then the phone rings 2 seconds later.
"I don't know why I hung up! I can't just drive home like normal now!"
We continue to laugh and giggle for the next 30 minutes.

Cole comes home looks at the test, doesn't believe me, so he runs to the store to buy another test and makes me pee again!

We get more positives!

We head over to the Brennan's for our usual Friday night dinner. I try talking casually to my sister. I ask her what she did while I was gone, she tells me, but I don't think I was really listening, because all I could hear was my heart beating a mile a minute. I wait for her to ask me what I did, but she doesn't, so I say "Aren't you going to ask me what I did!"
"You tested!"
"Yup!"
"And...."
"We're pregnant!"
yeah..more laughing and giggling

My parents show up and I give my mom a gift bag with a can of chicken noodle soup. (Back story: My sister gave my parents a can of chicken noodle soup when they told them they were pregnant with Jackson, because my parents were sick). She opens it up and says " I knew it! I told your father the other day that you were going to get pregnant now!" (More back story, just 10 days prior Cole's grandmother had passed away unexpectedly, so everyone always says when one person dies another is born!"

We all continued to laugh and giggle, then we headed to Cole's family's house to show them this video
and well the rest is history! A year ago today was one of the greatest moments of my life, I will never ever forget that day!