Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weekly Weigh-in

Well, what I can I say, I haven't posted one of these it quite a few weeks. I had a rough couple of weeks at the beginning of the month. I could go through all the excuses I gave myself for why I wasn't eating healthy, but in the end none of that matters. The reason I was able to put on so much weight was that I allowed myself to have a  million and one excuses. I know that this is a journey, not only to weigh loss, or a healthy me, but a journey to find myself, and find out how and why I got this way. I have to face my demons, which sometimes is very scary.

In the past the way I've dealt with stress is I ate, and I ate A LOT! I'm currently carrying around my wedding planning stress, my nursing school stress, my money stress, my 1st time mom stress, and my holy crap I have twins stress. I need to face myself head on and call myself out when I'm eating for stress purposes. I need to learn that eating my feeling does not make them go away.

It took a couple of weeks but I finally got back on the wagon, so to speak. I lost those ,gulp, 5 pounds I gained back. It's now been a few weeks and I'm feeling good. I lost an additional 2 pounds this week, bringing my total lost since January to 55.5 pounds now.

I'm sure that I will have my failures again, I just hope they start to become less and less and that they become more spread out.

I wil not let this defeat me again. I have fought my weight many times and time after time I let it win, this time I am in charge and plan to win this battle. I know it's going to be a hard and long battle, but I will win!