Tuesday, July 1, 2008

27 Weeks

WooHoo, we've finally made it to the third trimester! I can't believe it, time really it flying now, hopefully it will continue to fly until September. Only 10 more weeks until Grace is considered full term!

We had our monthly doctor's appointment yesterday. I did my dreaded glucose test and it really wasn't as bad as expected, I surprisingly was able to keep the drink down, which was my biggest concern, now we just have to wait for the results. The only thing that sucked about the glucose test, was the actual blood draw itself. I had a new nurse, nothing against new nurses, I've been there myself, but I thought to myself "she's never going to be able to get my blood." You see, I am a very difficult person to draw blood from, but if I have a good nurse who takes her time then it's usually fine. Well, the new nurse tried a million times and couldn't get it and had to have someone else do it who got it their first try, but now I look as though I've been beat up. It looks a lot worse in person, I couldn't get a good picture of it.

The rest of our appointment went well I've lost another 8 pounds since my last appointment a month ago, which makes the total 19 pounds lost. My doctor said that my weight isn't a good indicator where I was overweight to begin with, so how much I lose or gain doesn't really reflect the baby. Just to be safe though my doctor wants us to have at least 2 more ultrasounds before Grace is born to check her weight, she said probably around 32 weeks and again at 36 weeks. I was very excited to hear we would see Gracie again, I thought our last ultrasound was in fact going to be our last ultrasound. Gracie was also being quite the princess at our appointment, the doctor kept trying to listen to her heartbeat and she kept just kicking her away, I couldn't stop laughing. I was like "sorry our daughter is already a princess and doesn't want to be bothered." She was able to finally hear her heartbeat and it sounded good!

No onward to the recent crappy news. Cole's dad's cancer is in fact back, he'll be having surgery next week to try to remove it again, they don't know the extent of it or how much they will have to remove this time around, maybe just a lobe or maybe the whole lung itself. I guess we won't know until they get in there. As of right now, he's surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, the 10th, as long as he is healthy enough for surgery.

Now, Cancer, if you could listen to me for just a minute I would appreciate it. Please leave us alone! One dad at a time is one thing, but both at the same time, is pretty ridiculous! Although I don't wish you on anybody, I do wish you would leave us alone for a while. Thank you!