Tuesday, July 29, 2008

31 weeks *updated*

Well we've made it 31 weeks now, we're down to single digits in weeks left, only 9 until the due date and 6 until Grace if full term. I can't believe we're almost to the finish line and what's even crazy is that we are actually ready for her! We have our birth class Saturday, I really don't want to go, but I think Cole could benefit from it and I'm sure I could use a refresher.

*updated* So I thought I'd add a picture from this weekend, 30 weeks 4 days. For some reason I look really short in this picture, I think it's just the angle. Also my belly looks really pointy, I guess Grace was sticking a foot or an arm out for the picture.

What's Happening this week:
"Your not-so-little-one is just a bit closer to their birth weight and height at around 4 pounds and 17 inches. With each added layer of baby fat, your baby's skin starts to look more and more like it will when they finally get to see the light of day. The heavy news: you can expect your miracle-gro muffin to gain about a half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth. Great. That's just what you needed. Even more weight to carry around!" Well there's really nothing new to report. I'm still just one grumpy pregnant woman: I'm tired, achy, nauseous, my sciatic is acting up, I pee all the time, and I can't sleep anymore. Other than the usual pregnancy complains I'm doing well, I just want to hibernate in the house until Grace comes. The thought of getting ready and venturing out into the hot world just does not appeal to me at all! Grace is doing well, at the doctor's Friday she was measuring 32 weeks, which means she's measuring a week and a half ahead, which is good. We have another doctor's appointment next Friday and hopefully we'll schedule a growth ultrasound while we're there.

As far as updates on Cole's dad, we still don't really know anything. The results of the mass they removed came back that the tumor was not cancerous, it was a disease called BOOP. The BOOP doesn't sound so bad, the bad thing is that they didn't find the cancer. They know there is cancer someone in his body, they just have to find it now. So, it more testing and waiting while they try to figure out what is making him so sick. Until then we just have to keep waiting and hoping.