Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trying New Things

We recently have been trying new recipes every week, just thought I would share some of them.

Turkey Meatloaf
This was pretty good, especially considering I don't like meatloaf. Instead of regular milk I used soy milk so that it would be dairy free for me. It was still a little dry, I think next time I'd probably only use 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal instead of 2.

Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
This was really yummy, not all that healthy, but in moderation I think it's okay!

Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
I'm so in love with the crockpot, we probably use it 2 times a week now! This was so yummy and the chicken just falls off the bones!

Crockpot Applesauce Chicken
This was pretty good, I didn't measure the spices I eyed them instead and it was so spicy! Next time I'll use less red pepper flakes. Also it wasn't as sweet as I expected, so I'd probably double the cinnamon next time.

Crockpot Maple Dijon Chicken
This is one of my favorites so far. I was really nervous because I hate mustard, but the flavors mixed together were really good. I used sugar free syrup to lessen the calories.

Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken
So to make this one healthier I used splenda and sugar free syrup instead of the brown sugar. It turned out pretty good, but I will use less splenda next time, it was a little to sweet.

Crockpot Hoisin Chicken Wings
I hated the way this one tasted, but was really impressed with how well the wings cooked in the crockpot, they fell off the bones after 3 hours!

A few other meals we've been making in the crockpot recently are Shredded BBQ Chicken and Salsa Chicken. Neither have a set recipe, for the shredded BBQ Chicken just put chicken, BBQ sauce,a little water, and cook on high for 3 hours, it's done when chicken is shredable. Salsa chicken just chicken, salsa, black beans, corn, cook on high for 3 hours!