Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Well, I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! We of course enjoyed Grace's first Valentine's Day. First we got her dressed up in her new shirt from Auntie and Uncle Josh and took some picture with her Valentine's bear. Grace decided to try to eat the bear.
But then decided to snuggle with it instead.
Then we bundled up
and headed to Whole Foods to pick up veggies for Grace and dinner for Cole and I. If you've never been to Whole Foods, it's a store that carries only organic and natural food and they are so yummy!
Grace is such a big girl now, she used her carriage cover for the first time and rode in front!

She loved it and lasted the whole time!

After we spent an hour in the store we packed up the car and headed home.


Some how I managed to lose Grace's binkie in the store and we did not have a good car ride home, luckily we only live 10-15 minutes from Whole Foods. I finally got Grace to sleep by singing to her. I felt so bad that she fell asleep unhappy, so when we got home I woke her and breastfed her like she had wanted in the car and let her fall asleep on me. Well, Grace napped Cole went and got me Starbucks, yum! Starbucks is the only coffee place I can have, because no other place carries soy.



Grace woke up so I drank my decaf soy vanilla latte while making Grace's baby food. First I steamed two organic carrot, then blended them in the food processor with some breast milk.


Then I put the carrots into the Baby Cubes we bought at Babies R Us Wednesday.

I love the Baby Cubes, 8 come to a package with the tray. The cubes come off separately and the trays are stackable.
Then I baked an organic sweet potato. I'm glad I only got one, because it made so much that it wouldn't fit in my food processor, I had to use the blender.
Then I stacked them up in our freezer to use later.
Cole made dinner next using all organic and fresh food from Whole Foods. He replicated my favorite meal from T.G.I.Fridays, the bruschetta chicken. It was so yummy!

While we ate dinner we watched the Sex And The City movie, yeah!
After dinner Cole made the dairy free, gluten free, egg free chocolate chip cookies we picked up at, yup you guessed, Whole Foods. The were yummy, didn't taste like regular chocolate chip cookies, but that's expected, they had more of an oatmeal cookie consistence, but yummy regardless.

Grace slept through dinner, dessert, and the whole movie.
Grace finally woke up and had a lovely poop explosion.

Needless to say, she got a bath. While in the bath we realized she had a rash on her face and bum, add that to the extra runny poop, and you get a call to the pediatrician's office. We think it maybe an allergic reaction to the oatmeal, so we just have to wait and see how it plays out. So, no more oatmeal. Poor baby is allergic to everything...dairy, rice, oatmeal...hopefully she'll do better with the veggies. You can kind of see the rash on her cheeks here:
Aside from the rash, Grace was acting fine, so we continued on with our Valentine's plans. Cole surprised us with a craft activity for Grace. He bought supplies for us to make Valentine's Day cards and a box to store them in, we decided that ever year we'll make her a Valentine from each of us and put it in the box.
Grace decided she'd rather eat the Valentine's then make them.
We managed to get a picture of me and one of my Valentines!
Grace sat in my sit and thought it was so funny! (see rash on cheeks)
In between feedings and playing we finished our cards. Here's mine:

and Cole's:


Aside from a little allergic reaction we had a wonderful Valentine's Day!