Monday, July 13, 2009

Drive-In

Friday instead of doing our usual Friday night dinner with the Brennans' we all decided to head to the Drive-in instead to see Transformers 2 and The Proposal. We got ready and packed up the cars.

"Are you wearing that Mom?"
Grace did not enjoy the hour car ride there. In fact, she cried the whole hour there! As soon as we parked and got out of the car she was fine.
The boys played some football while we waited for the movie to start.
Grace and Jacob played in the pack n play.

Grace enjoyed people watching, but then who doesn't?

Before the movie started we all went to the bathroom and got food.
Jackson ready for the movie!

I had a hard time getting Grace to sleep at first, but then she finally fell asleep for the first hour of Transformers, but was awake for the rest of it. I was so stressed out that she was awake and I didn't want her crying, talking, laughing etc. to bother the other people so I wasn't really able to enjoy the rest of Transformers. When the second movie started Cole took Grace to the back to walk her to sleep. Once she was asleep he was able to come back and we all snuggled for the second movie. Grace was sound asleep until I tried to but her back in her car seat to drive home. She then cried like I've never seen before. I ended up having to take her back out and calm her down while Cole packed up the car. I put her back in her car seat once she was calm and rode in the back with her and she fell asleep on the way home. Other then the car ride and a few stressful moments here or there we had a lot of fun. Next time I'll make sure to bring a flashlight and some more blankets, it was surprisingly freezing for a July night!