Monday, July 13, 2009

Moving Tears

We're moving, in case you haven't figured it out by now, and I'm shocked by how emotional I am. I knew that trying to find a new place was going to be emotional. I mean we had a lot of musts: it must be a house for rent (we are soo not able to buy any time soon), must be deleaded, must be allowed to have a dog (we can't leave our first baby, Lily), must be less then what we're paying now, must have a yard, must be okay with our yucky credit (thanks to college!), and must not be to far from our family. Wow, that's a lot! So needless to say it was a roller coaster ride, we'd find a place but it wouldn't work out because of our credit, our dog, it wasn't deleaded, it was to small, or it was to much money!

Well we finally found the perfect place and we pick up the keys tomorrow. Yay! I thought the emotional part was behind me, but little did I know it was just being. Now I've known we are moving for weeks now, but I've done little to no packing. I just couldn't get the energy to pack. Well, yesterday I started packing and now I know why I've been avoiding it. It's so emotional!

We've only been here for 2 years but in those 2 years we got married, got a dog, got pregnant, and had a baby. This is where our family truly grew, it was made here, and as I try to pack all these memories come rushing back. I packed up Grace's nursery yesterday and I couldn't help but cry. It took me 9 months to put this room together and within an hour it was packed up.

I know that all the memories I have come with me and they won't stay here, but it still makes me sad. I will miss so many things about living here.

-I'll miss being able to walk out our door and right to the Brennans' door.
-I'll miss everything having a place where it belongs.
-I'll miss hearing Lily run up the stairs outside.
-I'll miss running into the Brennans' outside.
-I'll miss being able to run next door to the Brennans' when we need bread, flour, etc.
-I'll miss it all!

But as sad as I am I know only good things are to come.
-We'll finally have a yard for Lily and Grace to play in.
- We'll have a basement for storage!
-We won't have to walk up 15 stairs to get to our front door.
-We won't have annoying, loud kids running through the hall while Grace sleeps.
- We'll save almost $400 a month in rent

I'm excited to move, but can't help being emotional about leaving.

Now back to more packing and more crying!