Friday, February 17, 2012

Weekly Weigh In

I lost 2.5 pounds this week, now bringing my total to 93.5 pounds. I'm really hoping to get to 95 pounds lost next week and buy some new sneakers! I've been sticking with the gym 3 times a week. I switch up what machine I do for cardio, but I always do 30 minutes of cardio followed by 40 minutes of weight lifting. I alternate every other session with upper body and lower body weights.

I really enjoy lifting weights and just force myself to get through the cardio, so I can get to the weights. I've noticed that since I started the gym, my hair and nails have become so brittle. I just ordered some supplements online that are suppose to help with that, so hopefully they will.

In order for me to get to the gym I have to wake up early, like 4 am early. I find that if I wait to later in the day, I come up with a million reason not to go. If I just get up early and get it out of the way, I'm better off.  I'm also finding that if I have 1 day a week where I increase my calories a little my body responds better and I lose more weight.