Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mommy Instincts?!

Most days I feel pretty confident as a Mommy, I feel like I can just do it. Today though is not one of those days, I feel like I'm just off. Last night I put Grace in her first cloth diaper (yay), but I had intentions of putting a regular diaper before bed because I was still washing the night time inserts. Well, needless to say I forgot to put on a regular diaper because Grace's late nap turned into an early bed. So, Grace was soaked in pee this morning, so was I, and the couch. I stripped her down put on a new diaper and decide to wait until after breakfast to bathe her. While feeding her breakfast I knock over the sweet potatoes and Grace decides to take advantage of this mess and smears sweet potatoes all over her, not a big deal,I wipe her down and put her on the floor to play while I get the bath ready. So of course she falls over while playing and screams, she was fine, just startled. I peek in her diaper, see nothing, and bring her to the bathroom for a bath. I undo her diaper and let it fall off seeing as I just checked it, no good, poop falls out all over the bath mat, but I can't clean it up because I have her half in the bath. I give her a bath and go to take her out and realize I never took out a towel. I then proceed to fumble with the cloth diaper. She's finally clean and napping now, but I realized in the bath that her yeast rash is back, which means we need to buy more lotrimin and disposable diapers, since you can't use certain diaper creams with cloth diapers.

Where are my mommy instincts today? Most days I could laugh all this off, but today I just want to cry. Man oh man and to top it off I was awake at 5am, just because I couldn't sleep.

Ok whine over!