Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wrapped Around Her Finger

Our little lady certainly knows how to play Momma to get what she wants. Yesterday we all ran to Burlington Coat Factory to buy a sweater for Miss Grace to wear to her welcoming. I ended up buying her a sweater, 2 dresses, 2 books for her to eat read, and a cute outfit for Jacob, but that's neither here nor there. I handed Grace to Cole and told him to walk around the store while I shopped in hopes that she'd fall asleep since she was in need of a nap. So, Cole takes her and begins to walk around. Well, I'm browsing through the baby clothes when I hear a baby screaming from across the store. It was not a screaming cry, it was a I-have-found-my-voice-and-like-to-scream scream. I suddenly realize that the screaming baby is in fact mine, so horrified I track her and Cole down. Cole sees me and asks "How did you find us?" he's funny like that. Grace sees me and starts to giggle because she knows her plans has worked. I take Grace from Cole and as we walk back to the baby section Grace laughs and giggles as we walk away from him, almost taunting like "ha ha my plan worked!" She was then fine while I finished shopping as long as I let her chew on a book. What a silly baby, she certainly knows how to get what she wants.