Tuesday, April 20, 2010

12 Week Appointment

Good news is that both babies look good. Turns out I'm still losing weight, not gain. My Dr. is a little concerned. I'm trying to add more healthy fats to my diet. I've changed from skim milk to 2% and I'm trying to add cheese to everything I possible can, plus trying to eat guacamole. Guess we shall see.

My Dr. also wants me to do a 24 hour urine as a baseline. The Perinatologist said he wants to start doing the 24 hour urines early in hopes of catching Pre-eclampsia earlier if it develops, so my Dr. decided to do a baseline so we know where I'm starting.I feel good that my Dr.'s are on the same page and are being pro-active, it's reassuring.

I've been having awful migraines lately, which I guess is common during pregnancy. My Dr. said there isn't really anything to do besides taking Tylenol, oh well, guess I'll just have to suck it up.

I asked my Dr. if everything goes fine at what week would we schedule the c-section. She said 39 weeks, yikes! My goal is 38 weeks, so if I make it to 38 weeks, I think I'll be begging her to take the babies out then.