Friday, June 11, 2010

19 Weeks

19 weeks, I can't believe it! I've now made it to my 1/2 way point. My goal is to get these babeis to 38 weeks, and now I'm 1/2 way there! Everything looked good at my appointment on Wednesday. No knew news. I got to hear both heartbeats for the first time, then my OB did a quick ultrasound to make sure she was actually picking up 2 different heartbeats. It looks like Emma is laying horizonatally along the bottom and Carter is head up on my right side. Looks like his sister is lounging, while Carter is in a little ball. I go back in 3 weeks for another OB check and an ultrasound at the perinatologist. We're only 5 weeks away from viability. I know 24 weeks isn'ts a magic number, but at least if they were born at 24 weeks or after the NICU would at least try to save them. Don't get me wrong, I do NOT want to see these babies until 38 weeks, but getting to 24 weeks would be a step in the right direction.



How Far Along? 19 weeks. The babies are now each the size of a mango! They were both weighing 8 oz at the last ultrasound, so they are on track so far!



Maternity Clothes? Yes

Weight Gain? I haven't gained anything in 6 weeks, but my OB is ok with that. I'm up a total of 8 pounds at the 1/2 way mark.



Stretch Marks? Yep


Sleep? The cold seems to be finally getting a little better, so I'm back to sleeping for 2 hours, then waking up every hour after that to pee.



Best Moment of the Week? Getting to finally HEAR the babies heartbeats, unfortunately Cole didn't get to hear. He was in the car because Grace was sleeping.

Genders? A boy and a girl!



Belly Button In or Out? In



Cravings? I haven't really had any cravings lately.


What I Miss? Being able to bend over. Now when I bend over I get the wind knocked out of me.



What I Love? All my babies!



What I Am Looking Forward to This Week? We have a couple family parties this weekend so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.


Milestones? We've made it to the 1/2 way mark!



Feeling the Babies Move? Yup! The babies have started to kick it into high gear and I'm feeling them move more and more everyday.



Other Thoughts? I am just really thankful to have made it this far and hope to continue to get these babies to 38 weeks or further.