Tuesday, May 12, 2009

She's Right

Today the Pioneer Woman (if you don't know who she is then you must read her blog, it's amazing!) wrote this blog, and it spoke to me. For those to lazy to go read the blog, which I'll kindly link here again, PW says this:

"Today I want to urge you to get over your shyness and pride and get in the picture!
I wish, wish, wish I had more pictures of me with our children. It is one of my few regrets.


So here’s the deal…
1. In five years you will look five years older….you WILL look young in the pictures you take today!
2. Ten years ago I thought I was fat. Oh my goodness….I should have taken pictures THEN.
3. Your children look at you all day long. THEY know what you look like. They won’t care how you look in the picture.

I really don’t like how I look in pictures. It pains me. I still want to look like I did when I was 25 years old. And really I’m shocked that I don’t.

But seriously. My children love me just the way I am. Chins and all.

Consider this your call to action!

You can do it. I know you can. If I can, you can!

Let your light shine. You will never regret it!

Encourage one another"
The PW is right! I need to get over myself and allow Cole to take my picture. I always avoid full length shots, as well as close ups. I hate the way I photograph and I'm always discouraged with how fat I am, but I'm depriving Grace of memories. I think about how much I treasure pictures of all our deceased relatives and then think about how when I die Grace and our future children will only have pictures of my face with them...usually with half of us cut off...because I took the picture myself.
So after all the babble, basically I'm saying I'm adding a new goal, to take more pictures ( I know I take plenty of Grace) but more of me, of us, as a family. Thanks Ree, I do need to snap out of it!