Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goals and Review

So, last year I set some goals for 2009. They were:

Goals for 2009

1- Lose 70 pounds. Okay, so this did NOT happen. No real excuses, it just didn't. It started off good, then just went downhill fast.
2- Take care of some of our debt. This also did not really happen. Money became super tight and we ended up having to move. Hopeful things will get better in 2010.
3- Get pregnant again. Did NOT happen, but we certainly tried as hard as we could.
4- Continue to breastfeed at least until Grace is a year old. Accomplished!
5- Save up to go away in May. Accomplished, we went to Worcester for Cole's sister's graduation. Photos here, here, and here!
6- Exercise 3 times a week. Again, nope!
7-Take more me time. A little, but still not as much as I should.
8-Keep a neater house, not let laundry and dishes pile up, do a little each day. Yes and no.
9-Buy a new car. We bought a new car, but only after our other one died, so we still just have one car. I don't really know if this counts as an accomplishment...hmmm.
10-Continue to stay dairy free...YES!
11-Start journaling all Grace does, got lost along the way, but I'm back to blogging about everything she does, even if I'm the only one who reads it!
12-Follow through with my goals and update my progress on them monthly...not really.

So sorta a 50/50 on accomplishing my goals for 2009. I decided to make less goals for 2010, so that I can focus on them more.
Goals for 2010

1- Live a healthier lifestyle, no diets, or worrying about pounds lost. Just create healthier habits, smaller portions, more water, more fruits and veggies. Set good examples for Grace. Become more active as a family. Not workouts, but activities. Physical activities. Get moving as a family!

2- Get pregnant. Do everything within our means to make this happen. Take whatever medication, treatments needed, just make it happen!

3- Be tighter with money, less eating out. This should help the whole healthier lifestyle thing as well!

4- Wean Grace from breastfeeding at some point this year. I really don't want to be breastfeeding a 2 year old.

That's it for now! Happy New Year. May you all reach the goals you set for yourself!