Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rough Start

We've had quite the rough start to 2010.

1.Our car broke down in the middle of the snow storm. Poor Cole walked back and forth between our house and car trying to figure everything out multiple times. We ended up signing up for AAA and having it towed. Lucky us it turns out we need to replace the transmission...yeah! (That's sarcasm in case you couldn't tell!)

2. One of our baby gates broke and another one fell out of the wall. Our little adventurer NEEDS to be caged, so we needed to replace the gates immedately! Luckily we only had to buy one new one, we were able to remount the other gate.

3. Grace and I came down with the world's worst stomach bug. Yuck! I happened to start throwing the day I started eating healthy. Let me just say that throwing up salad sucks and now I'm having a hard time forcing myself to eat one again.

4. I came down with this stupid stomach bug in the middle of when I'm supposed to ovulate, so it may have funked up this month for us. So far my monitor is still saying I haven't ovulated. I hoping the bug didn't scare ovulation away. I really want this to be the month it all works out for us!

There is some silver-lining though:

1. Grace didn't get as sick as I did. I was vomiting non-stop every 30 minutes for 24 hours, she only got sick 3 times in 24 hours.

2. Because I was so sick I couldn't sleep with Grace or nurse her at night so she's been sleeping with Cole and doing great. For 3 nights in a row now she's gone to bed without breastfeeding and stayed with Cole all night without breastfeeding. She's been nursing a lot more during the day to make up for the lack of night feeds, but day feeds are better then night feeds in my book!. The other night I slept 8 straight hours for the first time in probable close to a 1 1/2 years!

3. Things can only look up from here!