Saturday, February 13, 2010

Swimming

I mentioned that we joined the gym 2 weeks ago and so far, so good. I've started swimming every day after my cardio workout. Last Saturday I was able to do 5 laps (10 lengths) in the pool. 9 laps is 1/8 of a mile. Well today after I kicked my butt on the bike I hit the pool and did 16 laps (32 lengths). In just 1 week I was able to more than triple the distance I can swim. My goal is to hit 18 tomorrow (1/4 mile.) I've found a new love, and it's the pool! Now, don't get me wrong I look like a fool swimming and am not a great swimmer, but I'll get there!

And to top it off in the 2 weeks since we joined the gym I've only missed 2 days and as of yesterday I am down 16.4 pounds! I'm pretty excited about 16 pounds in 2 weeks. I know I won't continue to lose weight at this pase, but as long as I keep working hard I'll hit my goals!