Friday, July 30, 2010

MOTY

Yup, I get the Mother of the Year Award. Tonight while playing with blocks on the floor with Grace I fell asleep. Oops...I have no idea how it happened, I was playing one minute, then sleeping the next. Luckily it was only for 5 minutes and Grace just kept playing blocks with me, even though I was asleep. Guess I've hit the exhaustion phase of pregnancy. I just can't seem to get enough sleep to feel rested. I was a zombie last night and Cole let me go back to bed after he got home from his interview this morning (where he scored a new hockey job for the fall...yay!) Yet I still feel like I need to stick toothpicks in my eyes to keep them open. Unfortunately Cole has to work late, so I really need to pull myself together and stay awake for Garce until he's home. I'm trying to talk Grace into taking an evening nap, but she's not falling for it.

In other news, I've started planning Grace's 2nd birthday (tears!) How is our little baby almost 2?! I've decided to go with a pink & green theme this year. I'm trying to go really simple this year, well because I'll be 30 weeks pregnant at her party and pretty limited to what I can do on my feet. My Mother-In-Law has agreed to let us use her house, which is a huge help, seeing as we have unsorted baby things EVERYWHERE! Our house is a diaster and I'm very slowly trying to go through everything.

I'm so behind on getting everything together for the twins. So far I have managed to wash and hang up Grace's old newborn and 0-3 month clothes, I've bought a couple things for Carter, washed the carseats, and we moved the crib to our bedroom, but that's it. I still have to re-raise the crib, put new bedding in it, and oh yeah get another crib! We have so much to do, but I just have no energy to do it. I keep putting it off, thinking I have all the time in the world, but in 2 weeks I'll be in the 3rd trimester. When I was pregnant with Grace I was put on bedrest at 30 weeks, which is only 4 weeks away this pregnany. Hopefully I won't be on bedrest this pregnancy, but that would certain make it pretty impossible to finish what needs to get done. Yikes!