Sunday, November 14, 2010

Doctor's x3 and week from HELL!

On Friday Emma, Carter, and I all had doctor's appointments. Emma and Carter had their one month check up. Grace fell asleep in the car so Cole stayed with her while I took the babies to the Pedi. by myself. Both babies look good and I was able to get a prescription for Zantac for both babies for their reflux. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the prescription filled yet because we're have problems with their insurance and of course no one is around on the weekend to help me get it straightened out.

Emma's Stats:
Birth: 5 lbs 11oz
         18.5 in
1 Month: 6 1bs 12.5oz
               20 in.
Carter's Stats:
Birth: 6 lbs 2 oz.
          18 in.
1 Month: 7 lbs 6.5 oz.
               20.75 in.

Both babies are growing, just at a very slow pace Emma is 2% for weight and Carter is 3% for weight. Carter is just on the growth scale Emma isn't quite on the scale yet. This is so different then Grace who is in the 96% for weight!

Unfortunately both their reflux is getting worse. They are having a very hard time handling the flow from a bottle, even though it's a slow flow nipple. We've tried a few different bottles. Everyone I've asked has suggested the Dr. Brown bottles with a preemie nipple. Next time we have some extra money (things are pretty tight lately) I'll pick up a few of these.

After their appointment I went over to my OB's office next door and had my incision checked. Unfortunately my incision is open AGAIN! It's still draining fluids and blood and still has an odor to it. My OB swapped it again to make sure there is not infection there. It's still really red around the incision, which could just be irritation or it could be an infection. The plan at this point is to go back next week to have it checked again. If it is still open and not healed we will discuss our options. Option 1 is to cauterize the wound. This means my doctor would burn my incision, which would hopeful bring the edges of my incision closer together, hopeful helping it to close and heal. Option 2 unfortunately is going back under anesthesia and have my OB reopen and close my incision again. We are trying to avoid option 2 at all cost, the last thing we need is for me to be laid up again. My OB will decide what we should do, when she looks at it next week.

After my appointment I went out to the car and our car wouldn't start. AAA came to  try to jump us, but they couldn't, so for the second time this week we had to have our car towed...ugh! We then were stuck at the doctor's at 430 pm on a Friday night with no phone, because Cole's charger suddenly stopped working and it apparently isn't covered under the ridiculous warranty. We used the office phone and my Dad was able to come get us and surprisingly we were able to fit all 6 of us in his car..thank god!

So now we are carless and unfortunately we don't have the money to pay to fix our car this week. This truly has been one of the worst weeks in our lives. I'm really hoping that things start to look up from here.

No comments: