Thursday, March 19, 2009

Being Positive

I found this passage in a book that I've been reading. I figure I'd share it... kinda cheesy but its a good message

An old Cherokee chief is teaching his grandson about life: "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves."

"One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, self-doubt, and ego.

"The other is good- he is joy, peace, love, hope , serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

"This same fight is going on inside you- and inside every other person too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old chief simply replied, "The one you feed."



I know I need to feed my good wolf a little more and the bad one a little less. I think if we can all be a little more conscious about which wolf we are feeding we'll all be better off.