Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Apple Picking

On Sunday Cole, Grace, Cole's Mom, and I headed to C.N. Smith Farm to go apple picking. We normally go apple picking in NH, but I knew I couldn't handle the ride this year, so we just went to the farm around the corner from our house. We were surprised how much we liked it, we did expect it to be so big, well, because it's right down the street and we've never really noticed it. It was $20 for a bag of apples, which seemed a little expensive, but we had fun nonetheless. Grace was so excited to go apple picking and talked about it all morning!

We had to park, kind of far way, but I just took my time.

Grace so excited!
Grace picking her apple.
and eating it!
Walking in the orchard
So proud of herself for finding an apple.
The trees in the beginning were pretty picked over, so we had to walk pretty far to get to the good apples. I only went half way then turned back and waited at the beginning for Cole, Grace, and Cole's Mom. Grace had so much fun and couldn't wait to tell me all about how "Daddy jumped" to get some apples.
Then we stopped and had a hot dog and some apple juice. Grace kept asking the whole way there if she could have "apple juice" there, so we had to buy her some.
Grace and Cole managed to find a pair of twin apples, they were actually stuck together, I guess they were meant to be ours!
We then got in our car and drove to the farm stand where they have a petting zoo, pumpkins, a little store, and a cute little Halloween display.

Our pumpkin amongst all the pumpkins!
and sitting with the flowers.

Grace had a blast and still talks about apple picking everyday. In the car afterwards she kept saying "Apple pick FUN!" So stinkin cute. Apple picking totally wiped me out and I could barely move afterwards, but I'm so glad we managed to squeeze it in before the babies come!