Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2 Month Stats

I forget to mention the babies stats at their doctor's appointment the other day. The appointment was technically their 2 month appointment, but they turn 3 months on Thursday, so it was more like a 3 month check up.

Carter now weighs 11lbs 1 oz and is 23.5 inches long.
Emma now weighs 10 lbs 12 oz and is 22.5 inches long.

They both are gaining and are finally on the charts, I think they are almost in the 10% ! They are both still wearing newborn clothes, but are starting to out grow a few of them. I've started putting them in some 0-3 month clothes, most are still so big, but a few are manageable.It's crazy that they are almost 3 months old, yet are still only a little bigger then the average newborn. Grace was 13.4 pounds at 2 months and was almost 18 pounds at 4 months, which I don't see the babies being any where close to that.

It's the simple things like this that remind me that they are in fact preemies. I look at them everyday, so all I see are how much they've grown, but whenever we leave the house I'm constantly reminded how tiny they are by every stranger we meet, who looks horrified when I say they're almost 3 months old.

But my little babies are fighters and pretty damn cute if I do say so myself!