Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Updates

Just a few random updates on what's been going on today!


Carter & Emma Update
Carter and Emma had their ultrasounds done today. I mentioned the other day about how they were going to see a GI doctor to help come up with a plan for their reflux, well the doctor wanted them to have an ultrasound before he saw them. They had to fast for 3 hours before their ultrasound, but once you add it wait time and procedure time it ends up being 4 hours at least. This was pure torture! They have been eating between 2-3 hours during the day and going 3-4 hours at night. Emma's ultasound was scheduled for 2:30 and Carter's for 3:15. Emma finished her last bottle at 11am and Carter finished his at 11:30am, both babies were hysterical by 1:30pm and we hadn't even left for the hospital yet! Luckily both babies fell asleep once we got in the car and started moving. Emma woke up as soon as we got to the hospital.

One tech. took Emma and I in one room, while another took Cole and Carter into another room. We were so thankful they managed to do them at the same time, instead of having to wait. Cole took Grace in with him and Carter, have I mentioned how awesome my husband is! Emma absolutely hated having the ultrasound done, they were having a hard time seeing her pancreas so after 20 minutes the doctor agreed to let her eat while they got a picture of her pancreas, thank god! Cole's tech. ended up doing the same thing with Carter, I think they must've had a little dicussion in the hall with the doctor together. Carter handled the ultrasound a little better then Emma did and was even sleeping at the beginning of it!

Everything anatomically looked fine today, so we'll meet with the GI doctor next week and see what he thinks.

Goal Updates

1- One of my goals for 2011 is to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle, well I decided yesterday that I would start my diet today, and I actually did! I decided that the best thing for me, was to count calories, that always seems to work the best for me. I use FitDay to keep track of all my calories, plus you can set goals, and keep track of your weight loss progress. I've used this site since 2005 (how sad is it that I've been dieting on and off since 2005, and 6 years later I'm still at it!) which is cool cause I'm able to go back and look at my weight gain/loss over the years. Well, the day is almost over and I've stuck within my calorie range, even dispite the stress of the day, which is HUGE for me, because I'm such a stress eater!

2- Another one of our goals is to get Grace potty trained, well I'm happy to report that after dinner tonight, Grace asked for the potty to poop. The best part is that she sat down and peed right away, when I asked if she was done, she said "No, poop on potty!" and she did just that! Yay! It's definitely a step in the right direction!