Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goal Review & Setting New Ones

Well, it's that time of year again. Here were my goals for 2009 and 2010 , as you can see I have not had much luck at sticking with my goals. I'm really hoping to set and stick with my goals this year.

Goals for 2010 Review

1- Live a healthier lifestyle, no diets, or worrying about pounds lost. Just create healthier habits, smaller portions, more water, more fruits and veggies. Set good examples for Grace. Become more active as a family. Not workouts, but activities. Physical activities. Get moving as a family! Well this started off good but then morning sickness set in and I stopped going to the gym and only ate what I could manage to get down.

2- Get pregnant. Do everything within our means to make this happen. Take whatever medication, treatments needed, just make it happen! Yup! Needed some help, but we did this and got lucky and managed to score 2 for the price of 1!
3- Be tighter with money, less eating out. This should help the whole healthier lifestyle thing as well! Yes and no, we went through phases of being better.

4- Wean Grace from breastfeeding at some point this year. I really don't want to be breastfeeding a 2 year old. Yup, as soon as I found out I was pregnant with the twins I cut out that last nursing session and it was so much easier then I imagined!


So, 2 out of 4, 50%, not bad, but not great!

Goals for 2011 (god that seems weird to type)  
1- Once again, my goal, like every other year, is to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. No excuses this year, it just has to happen.
2- Be a better Mom. There are things I could do better/ handle better. There's always room for improvement.
3- Keep a better organized house. Things kind of went down hill when I got pregnant with the twins and had to take it easy. Cole tried really hard to keep up with the house but between working and taking care of me and Grace the everyday stuff just kind of took a back seat. I have gotten the downstairs put of the house back in order now, but I really need to reorganize bedrooms, clothes, and the basement.

I figured we should set some goals for the kids to try to reach this year as well. Their goals are more goals for us to try to help them achieve. 

Goals for Grace
1- Become potty trained!
2- Learn her ABC's and counting
3- Start Preschool 
Goals for Emma & Carter 
1- Try to loose their adjusted age by 1. I'd love for them to be caught up, or close to caught up,  age wise by 1 to other kids their age. This includes things like rolling, crawling, walking, and talking.We will try our hardest to work through delays. Obviously we will not be upset if they are still delayed at 1, I just want to make sure that Cole and I do our part to do all we can.