Sunday, January 9, 2011

3 Months

I missed the babies 2 month update, so I guess I should do their 3 month! They both are currently weighing over 10 pounds and are still in size 1 diapers. Carter is still a little bigger then Emma. Both babies are still wearing newborn clothes, but are starting to out grow a few and are able to wear a couple 0-3 month outfits. Emma and Carter only nurse a few times a day and get mostly formula now. Carter is on Nutramigen and Emma is currently on half soy half Nutramigen in each bottle.

Carter is such a happy boy and loves to give me huge smiles, what can I say he's already a Mama's boy! Carter thinks it's so funny when I say he's handsome or if I ask him if he's pooped in his diaper..such a boy! Carter loves his soothe binkie and needs to rub his face on his blankie when tired. Carter sleeps good at night when swaddled in the miracle blanket. Because of his reflux he needs to sleep propped up in his bouncy seat or on the boppy. Carter is still super stiff, which we think is related to his reflux.

Emma is a happy girl as well, she is a little harder to get a smile out of, but they are there! Emma loves her big sister and always gives Grace the biggest smiles! Emma loves watching Grace run around the house. Emma will take a Nuk binkie, but isn't as attached to her binkie as Carter is. Emma does great sleeping in the pack n play by herself, but she does need to sleep on an incline wedge for her reflux.

Both babies seem to have a fussy/colicy hour usually between 7-12. Unfortunately the seem to usually be fussy at the same time and it falls at the same time Cole has hockey and Grace needs to go to bed. Needless to say 7-12 are crazy hours in our house every night! They do seem to stop fussing a little if I vaccum, so I've been taking advantage of this and I vacuum every night @ 9.